- Here's one of the building industry leading Economists latest post... Should be of interest! econ70.com/2019/06/26/inc… 1 year ago
- Does it make financial sense? YES! zeroenergyproject.org/2019/03/23/eve… zeroenergyproject.org/2019/03/23/eve… 1 year ago
- We've seen ransomware, malware, and... builderonline.com/builder-100/it… 1 year ago
- There needs to be a paradigm shift for more affordable housing. We fear it will be to employer owned housing that… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- Installation quality matters for every trade - even behind the walls. We've yet to see a buyer that does NOT care..… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
Category Archives: Sustainable Living
There are many reasons to build green and entire books are dedicated to it. This blog will focus on just one example – reducing construction waste. One example jumps out from a nationwide builder, Belcher Homes. They have implemented the … Continue reading
2011 looks upbeat for both energy conservation upgrades and green building. Just prior to Christmas break – Congress passed a pretty substantial bill which reinstated tax credits for various energy improvements for homeowners and builders!
Most of the calls we get start out with: How much is an audit? Swiftsure Energy offers several levels of energy auditing. At issue, is what depth of an audit is needed? Some homes will only need a simple inspection … Continue reading
There are several low-cost methods to make your home warmer in the winter. • Use rugs on hard surface floors, wear slippers or shoes – no explanation needed here… • Use blinds and window covers – this reduces the radiant … Continue reading
The question often comes up… why pay $150- $600 for an audit when we can call our utility company for a free audit? In a nutshell-and to a large degree- you get what you pay for! Swiftsure Energy Services will do … Continue reading
Builders and RE Agents will occasionally be approached by a customer who has indoor air quality as a main concern. Today there are affordable & effective methods to get good air quality in a home.
Recently, we did an audit on one of the properties of Urban HW Homes and I shared with you the results of the HERS Test. The home scored a 90 on the HERS index. This score is expected for a … Continue reading
Ok, I’ll admit it. I’m a bit of a technology junkie. I have large amounts of tech in my home office. I figure that since I’ve got a 40 step commute in the morning and my primary transportation is a … Continue reading
I read an article today that I want to agree with 95%. I want to chime in with some personal perspectives and see what others have to say. A Press Release was published by Reliant Energy entitled: Top Five Energy Savings Myths … Continue reading