- Here's one of the building industry leading Economists latest post... Should be of interest! econ70.com/2019/06/26/inc… 1 year ago
- Does it make financial sense? YES! zeroenergyproject.org/2019/03/23/eve… zeroenergyproject.org/2019/03/23/eve… 1 year ago
- We've seen ransomware, malware, and... builderonline.com/builder-100/it… 1 year ago
- There needs to be a paradigm shift for more affordable housing. We fear it will be to employer owned housing that… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- Installation quality matters for every trade - even behind the walls. We've yet to see a buyer that does NOT care..… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
Category Archives: Real Estate
ENERGY STAR version 3 requirements are set to begin on any houses permitted after December 31. The builder rebates will continue. We have heard mixed messages about whether the Federal tax credits will continue (we doubt it). The smaller lighting … Continue reading
As the rainy season begins here in the North West we feel it is a great time to share some information about solar options. It is a common misperception that solar energy is worthless west of the Cascades. However, the … Continue reading
Sample EPG for Homes What Builder wouldn’t like to distinguish themselves from the competition including the fore closure home down the street? We have an accepted method to put a rating on a home… similar to the MPG for cars, this is … Continue reading
This update will cover Chapter 6 of the NGBS standard. The chapter is focused on Resource Efficiency. Resource efficiency is also about reducing jobsite waste. Creating an effective construction waste management plan and taking advantage of available recycling facilities and … Continue reading
As discussed, this will go through the NGBS Scoring tool. You’ll be able to get a better understanding over the next several posts as to how the NGBS tools works, some of the technical aspects of entering data, and how best … Continue reading
2011 looks upbeat for both energy conservation upgrades and green building. Just prior to Christmas break – Congress passed a pretty substantial bill which reinstated tax credits for various energy improvements for homeowners and builders!
The question often comes up… why pay $150- $600 for an audit when we can call our utility company for a free audit? In a nutshell-and to a large degree- you get what you pay for! Swiftsure Energy Services will do … Continue reading
Builders and RE Agents will occasionally be approached by a customer who has indoor air quality as a main concern. Today there are affordable & effective methods to get good air quality in a home.
Swiftsure Energy Services has been VERY busy over the past month or so. I’m catching my breath and want to let you all know about some wonderful work being done in our local area. Recently, our friends at UrbanNW Homes … Continue reading
Getting a home Pre-Qualified for an Energy Efficient Mortgage is THE SMARTEST method to attract attention in 2010 and is an easy ticket to increasing sales. Lets carry on the conversation on why this is important. In part 1 of … Continue reading